Kaliyar Police Station
Came into existence
The Kaliyar Police Station started its functioning in a building owned by Harrison Malayalam Plantation Limited Company nearby Kaliyar Town in Kodikulam village at Idukki district, Vide. GO (RT) No.711/1973/Home Dtd.16.05.1973. The old Police Station building number was 13 in survey No. 1459/1 in Kodikulam village, Thodupuzha Taluk.
Later the Police Station shifted to a new building near Kaliyar town on.21.02.1986. The new Police Station situated in a plot of 2.5 acre revenue land in survey No.1459/1 of Vannappuram village, No. 297/VII of Vannappuram Gramma Panchayath.
The Police Station building is situated at the eastern side of the Thodupuzha – Vannappuram public road. 1 Inspector Office, 3 family quarters for SI and ASI’s, 8 family quarters for police personnel and a dormitory having 10 rooms are constructed here (click here to view map)
The Kaliyar Police Station limits consisting total of 8175 acres of land which were spread out Vannappuram, Kodikulam some part of Karimannoor Panchayath and Kodikulam, Vannappuram and some part of Neyyasseri villages.
Kodikulam village have 8 Karas namely, Kaliyar Estate, Koduveli, Thennathoor, Parappuzha, Kodikulam West, Nedumattam, Kodikulam East, Vandamattam.
Vannappuram village have 8 Karas namely Venmattam, Mullaringad, Vannappuram, Kaliyar,Mundanmudy, Kallippara, Pulickathotty and Pattayakudi.
A part of Kurumbalamattam Kara in Neyyassery village is also included in Kaliyar Police Station limits.
Kaliyar Police Station Jurisdiction border covers Eastern side of Kanjikuzhy, Karimannoor Police Station, Northern side of Oonnukal Police Station, Karimanal Police Station, Western side of Pothanikkad, Thodupuzha Police Station and Southern side Thodupuzha Police Station.
Loksabha and Legislative Constituencies
- Idukki Loksabha Constituency
- Thodupuzha Legislative Constituency
- Vannapuram Panchayath
- Kodikulam Panchayath
- Vannapuram Village office located at Vannapuram town 04862 246500
- Kodikulam Village office located at Chalackamukku 04682 264952
Projects through this police station
Janamythri Suraksha project
As per the GO(Rt)No.3424/2012/Home. Dated 20.11.2012. Kaliyar Police Station has been declared as a Janamythri Police Station on. 20.11.2012. Since the shortage of police personnel, only the Vannappuram Gramma Panchayath area was brought in to the Janamythri project. All the 17’ th wards of Vannappuram Gramma Panchayath are divided into 8 beats and entrusted each beat with a senior civil police officer and Asst. beat officers. Earlier this police station had been functioning as a Tribal Janamythri Police station having 4 beats.
All the Janamythri suraksha project activities are controlled by Janamythri Samithy having prominent personalities of this locality as its members who were selected by Inspector of Police and approved by District Police Chief. A total of 8963 houses comes under Janamythri beat.
Women Help Desk
Women help desk is constituted with the aim of giving assistance in a friendly manner to the women who seek police services. Women help desk provides a huge relief to women who approach the police station for help.
Senior Citizen Help Desk
An elder friendly officer is giving aid to senior citizens in the station limit.
Clean Campus Safe Campus
The Clean Campus Safe Campus program by government of Kerala is effectively implementing in all most all schools functioning under Kaliyar PS limits. The goal of ‘Clean Campus Safe Campus’ is to prevent consuming of injurious/psychotropic drug substances by students and the effective implementation of the program could achieve the goal to a great extent.
The main roads are Thodupuzha – Vannappuram – Muvattupuzha and Vannappuram – Kanjikuzhy – Alappuzha- Madurai state highway. None of these roads will be affected by flood as these roads run through hilly places, however there are chains of obstruction of traffic in case any landslide occur and uproot of trees. The nearest railway station to Kaliyar Police Station is Piravom which is 36 Km North-West.
River Kaliyar is passing through the limit. Kaliyar puzha is the main source of water to the residents of Vannappuram and Kodikulam Villages.
SC/ ST Colonies
1 Scheduled Tribe colony( Mullaringad Tribal Colony) is located in Kaliyar Police Station limit. Important Scheduled caste colonies are Ezhalloor, Orakanni, Oottukanni, Thennathoor and Koduvely .
3 libraries are functioning at Kaliyar Police Station limits. Kaliyar Public Library and National Public Library are functioning at Kaliyar. And Little Flower Public Library is at Kodikulam East.
Important Establishments And Institutions in Kaliyar Police Station Limit
- Krishi Bhavan, Vannappuram
- Krishi Bhavan, Kodikulam
- Forest Range Office, Kaliyar
- KSEB, Vannappuram
- PHC, Vannappuram
- PHC, Kodikulam
- Govt. Homio Dispensary, Vannappuram
- Govt. Homio Dispensary, Parappuzha
- Govt. Ayurvedic Hospital, Mullaringad
- Govt. Ayurvedic Hospital, Kodikulam
- Archana Hospital, Vannappuram
- M G M, Hospital, Vannappuram
- Sunil Hospital, Vannappuram
- State Bank Of Travancore , Vannapuram
- Federal Bank , Vannapuram
- South Indian Bank , Vannapuram
- Union Bank Kodikualm
- South Indian Bank West Kodikulam
- Sarathy Auto fuels (BPC) Muvattupuzha road, Vannappuram
- Thoppil Auto Fuels (IOC)Kanjikuzhy road, Vannappuram.
- St. Marys Old Age Home for Men and Woman, Kodikulam west.
- Krista Home for Girls, Kodikulam west
|Name Of Bank||Place||Phone Number|
|State Bank Of Travancore||Vannapuram||04862-247247|
|South Indian Bank||Vannapuram||04862-245342|
|Catholic Syrian Bank||Vannapuram||04862-245336|
|South Malabar Grameen Bank||Vannapuram||04862-245656|
|Idukki Dist. Co operative Bank||Vannapuram||04862-245333|
|Service Co operative Bank||Vannapuram||04862-245354|
|Thodupuzha Urban Co Operative Bank||Vannapuram||04862-246065|
|Service Co Operative Bank||Kodikulam|
|Service Co Operative Bank||Kodikulam||04862-279604|
|Service Co Operative Bank||WEST. Kodikulam||04862-279241|
|Idukki District Co Operative Bank||WEST. Kodikulam|
|Kaliyar Farmers Co Operative Bank||Vannapuram|
|Chemmanoor Credit And Investments LTD||Vannapuram||04862-245020|
|Mutjhoot Finance LTD||Vannapuram||04862-245696|
|KMG Finance And Investments||Vannapuram||04862-245378|
|Govt. High School Mullaringad||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Govt. Higher Secondary School Mullaringad||04862 email@example.com|
|National L P S Mullaringadfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Govt.LP School Pattayakudyemail@example.com|
|Govt. U P school Nedumattam||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Govt. High School Kodikulam||04862 email@example.com|
|Govt. T H S Kaliyar||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|SNM HS Vannappuram||04862 email@example.com|
|SNM VHSS Vannappuram||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|St. Mary's LPS Kaliyar||04862 email@example.com|
|St. Mary's HS Kaliyar||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|St.Mary's HSS Kaliyar||04862 email@example.com|
|Little Flower UPS Koduvely||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|St.Mary's LPS Kodikulamemail@example.com|
|St.Mary's HS Kodikulam||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|St. Joseph's LPS Parappuzha||04862 email@example.com|
|St. Mary's LPS Thennathoor||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Little Flower UPS Vazhakkala||04862 email@example.com|
|Private Sector Schools|
|Hira Public School Vannappuram||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jai Rani Public School Kaliyar||04862 email@example.com|
|Gulf Ideal International School Kaliyar||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sanjo C M I Public School Koduvely||04862 email@example.com|
|Global Indian Public School Kodikulam||04862 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Saraswathi Vidhya Mandir West. Kodikulam||04862 email@example.com|
|Mary Matha Public School Mullaringad||04862 241020||9562829771|
- Mukkil Bhagavathy Temple, Odiyapara
- Thekkechira Maha Vishnu Temple, Vannappuram
- Sree Ayyappa Temple, Koovappuram
- Kanjirakkattu Sree Mahadeva Temple, Vannappuram.
- Arimannoor Sree Devi Dharma Sastha Temple, Kaliyar
- Chandrappillykavu Devi Temple, Kodikulam West.
- Thrikkovil Subrahmanya Swamy Temple, Kodikulam West.
- Maha Devi Temple, Anchakulam, Kodikulam East
- Sree Durgadevi Temple, Mullaringad
- Sree Subrahmanya Swamy Temple, Vellakayam.
- Sree Dharma sastha Temple, Koovappuram
- Sree Bhadrakali Temple, Mullaringad
- Mar Sleeva Church, Vannappuram
- St. Ritas Church, Kaliyar
- St. Marthyas CSI Church, Mullankuthy
- St. Marys Church, Mundanmudy
- Lourd MathaChurch, Mullaringad
- Mar Grigorious Church, Vannappuram
- St. Marys Jacobite Church, Mullaringad
- St. Anns Church, Kodikulam East
- Little Flower Church, Koduveli
- St. Marys Church, Vazhakkala
- St. Josephs Church, Parappuzha
- Fathima Church, Thennathoor
- St. Georges Church, Vandamattam
- Christhuraja Church, Vellallu
- St. Thomas CSI Church, Mullaringad
- St. Stephans CSI Church, Mullaringad
- Epiphani CSI Church, Kaliyar
- Triniti CSI Church, Kaliyar
- IPC Church, Kaliyar
- I P C Church, Pattayakudy
- I P C Church, Pulickathotty
- Church of God, Vannappuram
- Town Juma Masjid, Vannappuram
- Taqwa Masjid, Vannappuram
- Al- Hidaya Juma Masjid, Kalayanthani
- Mahallu Muslim Juma Masjid, Kaliyar
- Muhiyudheen Juma Masjid, Vellamchira
- Ansar Masjid, Vellamchira
- Masjidul Bhadariya, Mullaringad
- Masjidul Salam, Mullaringad
- Muslim Juma Masjid, Kodikulam west